Caring for long-term care workers
It’s no secret that quality, affordable health care can be hard to come by. And for far too long, essential workers in long-term care facilities have had an even harder time getting access to care than the rest of the public. Even in cases where workers have gotten health insurance through their employer, plans are often so costly that workers can’t afford to use the benefit.
Long-term care workers’ jobs are hard enough without having to worry about how they’re going to pay for medical care. That’s why SEIU 503 and responsible long-term care employers came together to provide a quality, cost-effective healthcare plan for long-term care employees.
The Essential Worker Healthcare Trust supports workers in taking charge of their own health. This “person-centered” approach to care means:
- Care is collaborative, coordinated, and accessible. The right care is provided at the right time and the right place.
- The Trust focuses on offering a plan of healthcare services designed to support physical and emotional well-being.
- Patient preferences, values, cultural traditions, and socioeconomic conditions are respected and communicated in a culturally competent manner.
- Patients are an important part of the care team, and play a role in decisions at the patient and system level.
- Designed with employee input. User engagement data will help drive the design and implementation of the plan.
Explore More Information
The Essential Worker Healthcare Trust is a first-of-its-kind partnership among SEIU 503 and responsible long-term care employers, designed to provide healthcare benefits to eligible workers. Learn more about us here!